Monday, April 26, 2010

Where does your strength come from?

Looking back at just a few weeks ago I can remember feeling anxious and worried about how it was going to be when Fern started the police academy. In my mind I thought this was going to be the hardest thing we'd have to go through-and the police academy hadn't even started. I'm such a worry worm. I kept thinking so negatively about this time in our lives; but now being right in the middle of our present situation God in his sovereignty reminds me that "his power is made perfect in my weakness" 2 Cor 12:9. Aint that the truth! Can I get an AMEN?!?!

I'm learning that things aren't always as bad as they seem. We think about the possibility of going through certain situations in life in such a defeated way. We say things like, "I could never do that!" or "I don't think I could handle that." And the truth is we can get through "it" (whatever it is you think you can't handle)...But certainly not with our own strength. God has spoken this over our lives-"No, in all theses things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Romans 8:37. We all know this-life is hard. But it's ONLY through HIM that we can go through the challenges and hurdles that come in our lives...and end up victorious. I just love the word "VICTORY"

We miss out on a lot of great things because we're afraid it'll be too hard. In our case-Fern would've missed such great training & getting the opportunity to meet really good police officers/instructors. God has given Fern so much strength to get through really long days and hard PT.

Thank you, Lord for being our strength :)

No comments:

Post a Comment