Thursday, June 23, 2011

my home sweet home

I get goose bumps everytime I sing the National Anthem and I always put my hand over my heart when reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. I sound like a total valley girl when I talk even though English is technically my second language. I love country music. July 4th is one of my favorite holidays. I cried on September 11th. I thanked God when Osama Bin Laden was killed. I believe deep down in my heart in the first ammendment...even though sometimes it hurts when people exercise it. I grew up watching t.v. shows like "Saved by the Bell" and "Power Rangers." I have been to Disney World. I graduated from both High School and College. I strive to become a productive member of society.


I love the USA. So much so that I call myself and American eventhough I was not born here. I know today is not any significant American holiday and this post is sort of random, but I felt the need to express my feelings towards this great country.

I'm thankful for the privliege of being raised here and given the opportunity to go through its amazing educational system.


I'm especially greatful for living in a country where I could accept Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior without the fear of being persecuted.


I know none of these things make me a "true" American simply because of the fact I was not born here...but I feel American. I read this once in a running magazine, "If you care even a little about being called a jogger versus a runner, you're a runner." I totally feel this way about being an American.


I heart you, America. You are my home sweet home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment